We convene diverse stakeholders across geographies and disciplines to:
- Enhance visibility on the current and future impacts of the dynamic between accelerating misinformation and erosion of social cohesion
- Build relationships and collaborative partnerships
- Develop capacities and skills to advance systemic change
- Identify and incubate meaningful and relevant responses
Digital technologies create conditions in which information:
- Spreads further and faster
- Can be micro-targeted
- Creates different realities
They also amplify and accelerate disinformation on a global scale.
These conditions play an important role in the erosion of social cohesion through a pervasive feedback loop.
This loop is not the only source of disinformation, nor the only threat to social cohesion. But it plays a critical role in exacerbating vulnerabilities, and it presents serious risks to society.
Our impact goal is to shift the loop…
The Shared Realities Project proposes an ambitious, multi-site and multi-year program of work to address the needs and gaps we have observed. It applies a systemic approach and works both in specific geographies and at the global level.
The Shared Realities Project will unfold over three phases:
- Phase I: Situated Scenarios
- Phase II: Cross-Context Learning
- Phase III: Global Influence
We are currently seeking convening and funding partners for this initiative.
The Project Partners
Reos Partners (www.reospartners.com): A global social enterprise specialised in systems change and multi-stakeholder collaboration. Reos Partners brings to this project a global web of systems change efforts in affected fields, a set of transformative methodologies and a global team of process designers and facilitators.
Internews (www.internews.org): A global non-profit specialised in building healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. Internews brings to this partnership a network of local partners in over 100 countries including media professionals, humanitarian organisations, CSOs, and information entrepreneurs, along with community-led solutions to combat misinformation and build resilient information ecosystems.